Learn how to cook pumpkin seeds!They're healthy and delicious!
If you're wondering how to cookpumpkin seeds,chances are you've tried them and become addicted.
Becausepumpkinseeds become crispy and crunchy when roasted or toasted.And…once you season them with a savory or sweet flavor combination,you won't be able to stop eating them!
Pumpkin seeds are such a delicious snack.
And guess what?
They're good for you too.Pumpkin seeds are great sources of protein,fiber,zinc and iron.
So,thisHalloween,don't throw away those pumpkin seeds when you carve your Jack-o-lantern.Here's what to do instead.
How to Clean Pumpkin Seeds
Cut open your pumpkin and scoop the seeds into a colander.You'll need to remove the pumpkin strands clinging to the seeds.
Wash the pumpkin seeds by rinsing them under cool water while pulling away and discarding the pumpkin strands clinging to the seeds.Rinse the seeds clean.
Do You Boil Pumpkin Seeds Before Roasting?
It's not necessary to boil pumpkin seeds before roasting them.It's just important to wash the seeds before roasting them.Some people prefer to boil the seeds to get them clean,but they can be rinsed and drained instead.
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
- Remove any remaining pumpkin strands from the dried pumpkin seeds.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and grease it with cooking spray.
- In a bowl,mix the pumpkin seeds with oil,salt and any desired seasonings.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds onto the sheet pan in an even layer.
- Roast the pumpkin seeds at 300 degrees F for 30-40 minutes,stirring occasionally.The seeds are done when they're golden brown.
- Serve the seeds warm or at room temperature.
- Store pumpkin seeds in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two months.
How to Cook Pumpkin Seeds in a Pan
- Heat cooking oil in a large,nonstick skillet.
- Add your cleaned,dry pumpkin seeds to the pan and stir to coat with oil.
- Toast the seeds in the pan for 10-15 minutes over medium-high heat,stirring frequently.The pumpkin seeds will be fragrant and golden brown when done.Don't let them burn.
- Stir in your seasonings.
- Transfer the pumpkin seeds to a sheet pan and spread them evenly to cool.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new 金沙mg国际电子平台recipes to try?
OurFacebook Groupis growing every day!If you haven't joined yet,we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas,talk about cooking techniques,or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you.If you've already joined,invite a friend along!